The Dementia Friendly Stockton project is aiming to develop the borough of Stockton-on-Tees as a nationally recognised dementia friendly community.
We want to ensure that people living with dementia are able to:
- Remain active and included members of their communities
- Maintain their independence for as long as possible
- Be treated with understanding and respect
- Receive support when necessary
We are asking individuals and organisations from across Stockton-on-Tees to think about what they can do to help ensure people living with dementia can continue to remain active and included members of our communities.
We would like business and other organisations from across Stockton-on-Tees to take a number of low cost, easily achievable steps that will enable them to meet the needs of their customers living with dementia and their carers.
The Dementia Friendly Stockton project has produced a number of resources to assist organisations to become more dementia friendly. We also help to make people living with dementia, carers and the wider community aware of which organisations are part of the project.
Whether you are a person living with dementia, a carer or a person who works in Stockton-on-Tees there are plenty of opportunities for you to support the Dementia Friendly Stockton project.
We are committed to ensuring that the Dementia Friendly Stockton project is led by people living with dementia and carers. We would like people living with dementia and carers from Stockton-on-Tees to lead the project by:
- Becoming part of the Dementia Friendly Stockton Working Group
- Telling us what would make Stockton-on-Tees more dementia friendly
- Telling us if the project is making a difference or not
For further information about how you can help the project please contact us on (01642) 611110 or email email@example.com
Could your place of work become one of Stockton’s recognised dementia friendly organisations?
To find out more please see our information for local businesses and other organisations.
The Dementia Friendly Stockton project has compiled a number of resources to help local businesses and other organisation become more dementia friendly.
The resources include:
- Resources to help organisations listen to what people living with dementia and carers think is important
- Resources to help organisations increase awareness and understanding among appropriate staff
- Resources to help make the physical environment of organisations more accessible for people living with dementia
- Resources to help make an organisation’s literature, publicity materials and other information more accessible for people living with dementia
A number of communities have already started working to become more dementia friendly. Information about the work of other communities and national reports on the dementia friendly communities initiative can be found on our resources page.